Saturday 16 May 2020






THE THOUGHT OF US






You've encircled my dreams
for a love, 
long lost.
Once we flowed 

like the waves of the same sea,
Once we bloomed 

like the flowers of the same tree,
And I didn't want to write this,
Dint have the courage to even start,
Because you might have once deserved it,
But you no longer,
deserve my art.

Once you touched me 

like a chill summer breeze,
That soothes 

the harsh summer heat,
that flows with the wind 

like your sweet giggling.
Once I would have given 

my heart to you, 
my sister, 
to the version of you 
in my imagination,
Funny 

how we believe them so deeply 
to overlook the reality,
And we slice our soul into pieces 

for something that never existed.

But I believe that maybe once, it was real. 

That once you would look back at us 
and not speak of swears.
Once you were in my memories 

that didn't hurt,
Once our memories 

didn't reek of betrayal
Once I could talk about us 

without losing my breath,
Without knowing 

that we were just your pretence,
Without knowing 

that I burdened you on my high roads 
when I thought you held me willingly.

Then maybe once 

I could think about us without a rope to my neck,
Maybe once 

I could talk about us without a rock to my chest,
And maybe then 

I wouldn't run away from 
the thought of us.

                       
      Poetry by Priyanka

9 comments:

  1. Your words remind me of faces I thought I had forgotten.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You've beaded my pain into rhymes. Keep it up. ❤

    ReplyDelete
  3. Don't know what to comment :-[.. but felt every single word^_^..nice work

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow seriously wow! Love it,you have alot of talent Priyanka keep up the good work!! ����

    ReplyDelete
  5. You’re amazing
    I wish you would start writing again

    ReplyDelete
  6. Kaha se chhapa?

    ReplyDelete